• No Aspirin or Blood thinning products such as Ibuprofen for 1 week prior to the procedure.
• No Alcohol for 48 hours
• No Regular Coffee or Caffeine that morning
• No Blood Thinning Medications, such as Coumadin, Heparin or Plavix (you will need to ask your doctor so you can be off these medications for 3 days)
• If you are pregnant or nursing, we cannot work on you!
• If you have Open Angle Glaucoma controlled by drops you must have your doctor’s permission for an eyeliner procedure.
• If you use Retin-A your skin is sensitive, but we can do your procedure.
• If you are Diabetic and on Insulin, you must have your doctor’s permission.
• If you recently had Plastic Surgery in or near the procedure area, you must be fully healed and have your doctor’s release for the procedure.
• If you are having your eyeliner done and you wear contact lenses, you need to bring your contact case and glasses to wear afterward. Do not wear eyeliner or eye shadow to your appointment. Your eyes will be sensitive, so bring sun glasses as well. You may feel like you have been crying for several hours.
• If you are a Chemotherapy Patient, you must have your doctor’s permission.
• How you wear it. If you are not sure, Gina will design or you may draw it on just how you like!
• If you are having your lip liner or full lips done and have ever had a cold sore or fever blister, we require that you be on an anti-viral medication in order to work on you. An anti-viral prescription, such as Valtrex , or Zovirax, is usually prescribed for at least one day prior, the day of, and for at least three days following the procedure. Remember, you will have two procedures done, one month apart, and you will need to repeat the medication for the second procedure. Although Gina cannot insist you take any medication, she will not work on a client with a history of cold sores or fever blisters who is not taking preventative medication. NO EXCEPTIONS!
Gently exfoliate your lips with a toothbrush, beginning 3 days before your procedure. This really helps ready your lips as well.
To speed healing lips and reduce swelling, I recommend purchasing Arnica Montana Tablets from your local Health Food Store. Dissolve one tablet under your tongue 3 times a day for 5 days. Excellent product!
Some clients take Benadryl one half hour before their appointment to control swelling. If you have watery eyes at all please take this right before you come to your appointment to reduce any tearing. Please be on time. Be considerate of other clients who may be scheduled after you
Please come Hydrated and in comfortable clothing so as to be ready for your Beautiful New Look!